Welcome to Guarana.com, and
enjoy your stay!
The only goal of this Web site is to give the public good background
information about this unique plant from Brazil, while leaving out the hype. If this is
your first visit, please take some time to read the following words from the owners of
this Web site:
- If you came here to seek medical advice: you are at the wrong place. Although we do have
some medical information online that might be useful to you, it can never
replace the professional advice that you will get from a doctor.
- In spite of the 'dot com' in our name, we don't sell guarana here. At least, not yet. If
you want to buy guarana products, please click on the link Where to buy.
This page will help you to find various addresses, including links to online shops.
- All the links found on this site are there for your convenience only - not because we
endorse those companies, or think that their products are great. This is especially true
for links to companies selling weight loss products based on guarana.
- If you want to import guarana (in any form), please try to contact one of the producers first. If you still can't find the information you are
looking for, you can always drop us an e-mail, and we will try
to help you out.
- Feedback (positive or negative) is always appreciated. Please go to our contact page and type away. If you run into a new product and
think it should be listed here, don't hesitate to tell us about it, too.
- This site is maintained - and paid for - by volunteers.
||Now let's get to the point. What is guarana about? As far as we're concerned, it's
mostly about Brazilian soda, and its flavor. Although we won't deny that taking guarana
has some effects similar to those you can expect after taking caffeine, it is the exotic
flavor that makes guarana sodas so interesting. The best brands deliver a fruity
taste, aren't overloaded with sugar, and have a pleasant aftertaste.
Guarana sodas are
becoming more popular outside Brazil. Until recently, there were just a few small
companies around the globe importing original Brazilian guarana drinks, only to sell them
to homesick Brazilians. Not anymore. One look in guarana-related newsgroups
(or in our e-mail inbox) is enough to realize that guarana could be a major success in the
USA and Europe. It already is, in fact, but availability is still limited. This will
change, as PepsiCo started marketing
'Guarana Antarctica' soda (the most famous Brazilian brand) worldwide. The first step is
already taken: Guarana Antarctica is now available in Portugal